As a Computer Graphics Technology student you will need a laptop to complete your coursework. Below are the recommendations for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- MacBook Pro
- 14” display or larger
- Apple M1 or M1 Pro Chip or higher - 8-Core CPU
- 32GB unified memory
- 512GB SSD Drive
- 15” display
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce
- 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
- 750GB 7200-rpm
We highly recommend the following:
- We highly recommend the purchase of a Cintiq pen. Some students also purchase a drawing tablet.
- Purchase laptops as soon as possible due to chip shortages
- If in the animation track we suggest you look at the guidelines for Maya Software (which you will be using in your classes)